Tower of Babel lashelBabelTower of Babel lashel by ~tlhakujunkan
1. Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.
2. And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.
3. And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.
4. Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth."
5. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built.
6. And the Lord said, "Behold, they are one pe
Article 1 lashelLadies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce my reinvented version of laCel, or as I'm writing it now, laśel. In a flood of inspiration I just worked on it for six or so hours and managed to finish my conjugation and declension charts so I could finally attempt a translation, et voilà! Accomplished! Since it's way past my bedtime I'm not going to try writing it in the script - that's a project for another day. However, here's the romanized translation of Article 1 in the modern version, the modern version with older romanization, and the older version for comparison.Article 1 lashel by ~tlhakujunkan
All human beings a
February challenge - naaqurSo I completely forgot about Naaqur (or Nakur, I think, in the conlang outline) for the numbers challenge, so here's that.February challenge - naaqur by ~tlhakujunkan
Numbers in Naaqur have three forms depending on noun class and level of politeness. Largely influenced by predominantly faerie culture all around, plain numbers follow a base-8 system, but when switching to the polite or deific numbers you use base-10, which was adopted from ancient ddamychal over the course of much war, trade, and later industrialization.
I won't go into the noun classes here; just think of them as Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3. There will be polite versions of these, and then a separate deific class